Unlocking doors to make dreams a reality.
As a kid I always had my head in a book. Though I began my career in law looking to make a positive difference in peoples’ lives, I quickly realized that real estate held the key, pardon the pun, to my professional calling.
It turns out I have a passion for real estate! A licensed Realtor since 2005 I soon joined the Million Dollar Club, selling an average of more than $16M per year. I focus on exceeding my clients’ expectations. Whether handling a purchase, a sale, probate, an investment or 1031 exchange, a potential flip, or a lot, I draw on extensive local knowledge and honed negotiation skills. I was consistently ranked in the Top 10 Agents and #1 in Northern California at my prior company.
At Highland Partners, I use my core strengths daily:
- Stellar communication creates great results for clients. I love to negotiate on their behalf.
- I make the dream of home ownership a reality! Nothing beats handing a first-time buyer those keys…
- Clients count on me to navigate calmly through challenging situations. I especially like working with seniors.
Serving on the Board of the Associated Real Property Brokers I advocate for democracy in housing. In 2018 I received the 2018 Realtist of the Year Award, an honor that reflects my commitment to community. When not making deals, I mentor young men and women who are interested in pursuing a real estate career. I also volunteer with Defy Ventures, a non-profit working in the prisons to teach important re-entry skills to men about to rejoin their families and friends. And the Oakland Private Industry Council is where I offer workforce training and job placement support by providing mock interviews and coaching. Let’s face it, I’m a motivational teddy bear.
I am loyal to the fight against breast cancer, and support ongoing autism research. These issues have touched lives close to me. As an ordained Deacon in the church I know what matters to my neighbors and friends: kindness and honesty. It’s no surprise that my real estate practice is one of integrity and authenticity.
Staying on top of my education is key. Early on I earned an MBA, and I regularly update my professional toolbox; I recently completed a Harvard course on Business Analytics. In my remaining free time, I enjoy cooking with family and friends, or spending time near a beach. Rio is a favorite get away where I can be near the water, in a boat, riding a wave, diving or snorkeling. My favorite foods come from the sea, too: gumbo, crab, and shrimp. Top it off with some of my peach cobbler, and we’re good!
I look forward to collaborating with you. Let’s unlock your dream today.
Certifications: Seller Representative Specialist, (SRES) Certified Listing Agent, Broker Agent 500 Club TOP Producer
Affiliations: Board Member of Associated Real Property Brokers
Anne has been in the Bay Area Housing/Real Estate business for a total of 32 years. She began her Housing Market experience in 1986 while working for the City of Berkeley Housing and Community Development Department. There she worked on the following projects:
- The William Bryon Rumford Plaza Development (affordable housing built from the ground up). A bronze sculpture of the late William Byron Rumford is located in South Berkeley at the intersection of Sacramento St. and Julia St. https://www.blackpast.org/african-american-history/california-fair-housing-act-rumford-act-1963-1968/
- The Fourth Street Redevelopment Project which turned a formerly industrial portion of West Berkeley into a thriving shopping mecca that generates significant revenue for the City of Berkeley today. https://fourthstreetshop.com/
- 61 Units of Public Housing (3 to 4 bedrooms) on 13 scattered sites throughout Berkeley with access for the disabled. Sojourner Truth Court was created as part of this project. https://www.womenshistory.org/education-resources/biographies/sojourner-truth
- The D&E Houses, which were 9 vacant and dilapidated homes in West Berkeley (between Cedar and Virginia) that were rehabbed using Federal Funds and Tax Credits and then sold to First Time Home Buyers.
- Senior/Disabled Loan Program, which offered home repairs to qualified homeowners. (Anne found it a pleasure and a significant learning experience working with seniors.)
- Rental Rehabilitation Program, working with owners, contractors and vendors to rehabilitate housing/apartment units for rental through the Section 8 Program.
While working for the City of Berkeley she developed a passion for helping people attain their dream of homeownership. The experience motivated Anne to obtain her real estate license so that she could more effectively help people buy and sell residential, commercial and residential income properties.
For the past 17 years, Anne has had the honor of helping many clients with their real estate transactions and has been a “Top Producer” for many years. She has a vast amount of experience in helping clients who are facing challenging real estate situations such as trustee sales, conservatorships, probates, short sales, protected tenant occupied properties, 1031 exchanges etc. Anne says “there is no greater joy than being able to help a client who is facing a difficult real estate situation and seeing their genuine relief and joy when the matter is resolved.” Anne’s passion for her clients is evident resulting in many repeat and referral clients.
Anne obtained her Real Estate Broker’s License last year and has the following Real Estate Designations:
Member of the National Assoc. of Realtors
Member of the CA Assoc. of Realtors
Certified Broker Pricing Specialist
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Associated Real Property Brokers – Realist
Anne knows that today’s competitive real estate market demands specialized knowledge and expertise so she has continuously strived towards enhancing her real estate skills.
Anne is an avid sports fan who loves attending sporting events. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling and cooking.
A Note from Anne
I’m passionate about doing a good job for you. Your satisfaction and positive results are important to me. I will work with you to garner the best results and to collectively come up with solutions. One of my favorite quote’s is:
It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best.