Last Updated: 9/26/2018
- Information We Collect About You
- In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address (“personal information”) as well as other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain your personal information and other data related to the provision of the Service.
- Information You Provide. In order to register as a user with Highland Partners, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. By doing so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, gender, likes, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Highland Partners users. You will also be asked to allow Highland Partners to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service but you will have the option to refuse and disable that functionality. In addition, we may collect and store personal information you provide while using our Service. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and your current location at the time that you are downloading or using the Service. If you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with, and consent to our, access to the content of that communication and we may save that communication for future use and reference.
- Use of Technologies to Collect Information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
- Information Collected Automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit or use our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit or use our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to, and use of, our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and your current location at the time that you are downloading or using the Service. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Highland Partners advertisements on other websites or applications.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Service and to deliver or communicate with cookies. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer users, to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information Collected by Third Parties for Advertising Purposes. We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any non-anonymized personal information to third parties. Some of these third- party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of advertisement targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org). Opting out will not decrease the number of advertisements you see.
- In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- Communicate with you by email, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- Conduct website or mobile application analytics;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Service providers: We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or elect not to raise (or waive) any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Aggregated and/or Non-Personal Information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non- personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http:// www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as a user, purchase products or services, participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes, ask a question, or initiate other transactions.
- Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant Service or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
- Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
- Children’s privacy
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 18.
- Visiting our Service from outside the United States
- No Rights of Third Parties
- How to contact us
342 Highland Ave, Piedmont, CA 94611